Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, August 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each specific duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the specific functions.
- Ability to demonstrate competence in areas expected to teach
- Ability to plan, organize and deploy quality college level instruction
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse learners and to maintain good relationships with staff and students.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, individual initiative, independent actions within a professional environment
Education Minimum: Master's degree in Mathematics or a Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in discipline
Experience Minimum: One (1) to three (3) years teaching experience.
Experience Preferred: Two (2) to four (4) years classroom/lab teaching experience in a post-secondary environment and specific experience with online course development and instruction as well as educational technology. Curriculum development and course assessment experience is preferred.
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to provide a comprehensive history instructional program committed to quality teaching and successful student achievement. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. Position is responsible for established course model syllabus/syllabi, teaching class(es) and instructing students; preparing lesson plans; preparing tests; grading papers and counseling and advising students. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned classes
- Create an effective learning environment
- Meet classes as assigned
- Present instruction based on the competencies and performance levels of the course
- Maintain accurate attendance and scholastic records of students
- Use teaching methods designed for a variety of learning styles
- Use course text, outlines, syllabi and other curriculum materials in accordance with college and departmental guidelines
- Assist with maintaining a classroom environment emphasizing safety, good housekeeping, and equipment security
- Serve as an academic advisor to student
- Participate in communications with the college and department and meet deadlines as required
- Submit required reports
- Participate in the college's assessment process
- Fulfill all contract provisions
- Maintain a high level of professionalism as a representative of the college
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
Ability to perform basic math computations including adding, subtracting, multiplying and averaging all units of measure.
Ability to compute fractions, percents and decimals.
Ability to use effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
To perform this job successfully an individual should be proficient in a Windows environment and have knowledge of email systems, PowerPoint, Blackboard and online lab environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact