On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, NC
Closes: Friday, May 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and possess creative problem solving skills and strong written and verbal communication skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate's Degree
Experience Minimum: One to three years experience in coordinating classes, camps or other related courses
Coordinates classes in the Community Programs area, including JCC Arboretum, as well as Summer Enrichment Camps and provides support tasks for these programs.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Maintain regular communication with instructors regarding class schedules, current class enrollments and required class documentation.
- Meet with current instructors as needed prior to beginning of class sections to explain policies and procedures and distribute class paperwork.
- Regularly assess supply and equipment needs for classes and inform director of needed supplies
- Provides information to the general public regarding the Community Programs and Summer Camp Programs
- Assesses outlines and program materials to ensure overall quality and competency in instruction and delivery of courses
- Develop and oversees implementation of strategic marketing plan to generate awareness and interest in programs being offered
- Seek and initiates opportunities for external partnerships, support and additional funding for program areas to include grant writing, sponsorship of events and targeted activities
- Participates in departmental, college-wide and external meetings and committees to represent the program areas and to advance institutional goals
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office, Colleague/Datatel, email, and internet usage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact