Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
- Skilled Crafts
Closes: Monday, November 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: High School Diploma or GED.
Education Preferred: Currently enrolled in or willing to enroll in EDU 119, Preschool or Infant Toddler certificates or equivalent, NC Early Childhood Credential, CPR/First Aid certification
Experience Preferred: Relevant experience working in a child care center, school, or commercial kitchen.
The purpose of this position is to prepare and serve meals to young children within the JCC Child Development Center (12 months-5yrs.). Ensuring the health, safety, welfare of the children by maintaining NC child care rules/regulations, Health & Sanitation regulations and the Child and Adult Food Care Program requirements. This position will work under the supervision of the JCC Child Development Center director.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep kitchen and storage areas neat and organized
- Clean and sanitize dishes, furnishings and equipment daily (including all serving dishes, utensils, cabinets, stove, refrigerator, hot box, walls, countertops, and sinks) according to Health & Human Services sanitation and health standards, NC Department of Child Development and Early Education regulations and Center for Adult and Child Food Program requirements
- Perform laundry duties as needed
- Keep center director/assistant director informed of situations and problems that arise in the kitchen area
- Preparation and service of daily meals (breakfast, lunch, snack) while maintaining sanitation rules/regulations and the Child and Adult Food Care Program requirements.
- Maintain point of service records as needed. Provide adequate serving size/portions for the various age groupings
- Record keeping for CACFP (food program) as needed
- Participate in professional development / training based on NC license rules and regulations.
- Ensure kitchen is clean, sanitized and ready for the next day
- Engage in healthy eating activities with the children and staff
- Plan menus taking into account state and federal nutritional requirements, the center budget, and seasonal availability of foods
- Keep an accurate inventory of supplies and place orders as needed
- Attend scheduled staff meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
This job has no employee supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to utilize a wide variety of data such as NC Child Care rules and regulations, accreditation guidelines, sanitation requirements, etc.
- Quality oral and written communication skills for modeling for children as well as communicating with outside agencies, students and families.
- Ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness, and creativity required of situations involving the direction, implementation and planning of the classroom environment and activities and use a variety of behavior guidance strategies.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills and Additional Tools:
- Ability to operate computers and other electronic media
- Ability to operate additional office equipment such as fax, copier, and printer.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, honesty, and consistent and sound judgments regarding the care of children, families, colleagues and adult college students.
- Ability speak and hear (with or without assistive devices)
- Ability to be mobile including standing for potentially long periods of time, walking, kneeling, crouching, stoop, reaching, crawling, getting up and down from the floor level, etc.
- Ability to lift/move up to 40 pounds
- Employee must be able to obtain physician approval for physical and mental health upon employment and thereafter as needed or required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of
those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical work environment includes early care and education kitchen and classroom settings in the JCC Child Development Center on the main campus.
- Kitchen duties will include washing and sanitizing dishes and food delivery carts, using appliances, and food may prep using sharp instruments.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact