Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate degree in Cosmetology. Must possess a current license from the North Carolina State Board of Cosmetology (NCSBC) as a cosmetologist and a North Carolina State Board of Cosmetology Instructor License. Demonstrate an understanding of commitment to open-access community college philosophy, diversity issues and instructional technology.
The ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms. Must possess the skills necessary to effectively demonstrate cosmetology techniques to students. Previous post-secondary teaching experience and a background in the community college system
Past experience with teaching within community college.
Primary Purpose of Position
Primarily instruction and public service and those forms of research which promote and enhance the college's commitment to excellence in instruction and which supports the current needs of the students and faculty ; maintaining professional competence.
Faculty members are responsible to a dean or program manager. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of leader, teacher, advisor and facilitator of learning.
- Assists in teaching Cosmetology to community college and high school students
- Assists in keeping shop environment clean and continuously improving the educational environment
- Assists Program Manager to organize shop area, office and classroom for a professional environment
- Assists instructors to prepare course materials; use appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, lead discussions and conduct laboratory demonstrations ; and perform other activities, which are related to and meet the requirements of the courses.
- Assists instructors to conduct evaluations of student performance and assign grades on the basis of such evaluations.
- Assists instructors to maintain records of student's attendance and grades according to college and state policy and procedure.
- Maintains professional skills and subject expertise through continual study and research in discipline and through involvement in professional organizations
- Donates academic expertise in the local, state or national community when appropriate to fulfill the community relations goals of the College
- Supports and encourages college-sponsored activities
- Maintains Cosmetology Licensures.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.