Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr., Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, January 6, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate degree or Diploma in Cosmetology. Must possess a current license from the North Carolina State Board of Cosmetology (NCSBC) as a cosmetologist. Demonstrate an understanding of commitment to open-access community college philosophy, diversity issues and instructional technology.
Skill requirement: The ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms. Must possess the skills necessary to effectively demonstrate cosmetology techniques to students.
Previous experience in post-secondary teaching and a background in the community college system.
The Cosmetology Instructional Assistant assists the instructor in supervising, teaching and assisting with students in labs or clinic settings who are performing clinical performances on manikins and clients in the salon and substitutes for the instructor who may be absent.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for teaching and assisting the lead instructor in Cosmetology courses.
- Maintenance of clinical area, supervising students and clinical operations, documentation of records, working with faculty and clients in a clinical setting.
- Provide instruction, public service and those forms of research which promote and enhance the college's commitment to excellence in instruction and which supports the current needs of the students and faculty; maintaining professional competence; maintaining office hours; and participating in professional development activities. Instructional Assistants are responsible to the Cosmetology program manager. The relationship of the instructional assistant to the student is one of leader, teacher, advisor and facilitator of learning.
- Maintaining professional competence
- Maintain annually updated course syllabi and provide each student with a written statement of course requirements at the beginning of the semester including texts, course content and competencies and evaluation.
- Prepare course materials; use appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, leading discussions and conducting laboratory demonstrations; and perform other activities, which are related to and meet the requirements of the courses.
- Conduct evaluations of student performance and assign grades on the basis of such evaluations.
- Maintain records of student attendance and grades according to college and state policy and procedure.
- Responsible for administering student surveys in classes as prescribed by College procedure.
- Maintain professional skills and subject expertise through continual study and research in discipline and through involvement in professional organizations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students, and our learning community
- Promote and support HCC's mission, vision, and values and promote and support coworkers in the most positive manner.
How to Apply
To Apply Submit:
• Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu then select position applying for.
• Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts are required for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites.
• References may not be current HCC employee. Must provide 3 professional references with email addresses. At least one of the references must be a current or recent supervisor.
• College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to HR and the college president for approval.
• HCC is a tobacco free campus.
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, n HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status