Main Campus, Smithfield, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, September 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: High School Diploma or GED, Cosmetology license, and Cosmetology Instructor license.
Experience Minimum: Five years of salon experience.
Experience Preferred: Two to Three years of teaching experience.
Must be able to explain and teach community college students from various backgrounds, cultures, ages and experience levels and provide comprehensive Cosmetology instruction in theories and technical applications. The position involves teaching and evaluating students in concepts and salon procedures as well as performing related work as required.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with adult learners and to maintain good relationships
with staff, faculty, and students.
- Ability to demonstrate competence in areas expected to teach.
- Ability to plan, organize and communicate quality instruction.
- Ability to use, operate, and/or handle a variety of office and salon equipment
- Maintain student attendance records and NC State Board required records.
- Prepare lesson plans and activities; prepare and oversee student projects and salon operations.
- Administer text material exams and NC State Board mock examinations.
- Maintain cleanliness of class/lab areas.
- Maintain and supervise proper use and disinfection of products, supplies, implements, and equipment.
- Maintain supervision, direction, and instruction of students in the classroom environment and clinic/lab areas
Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
English; Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
Bilingual: English and Spanish written and verbal communication skills are preferred.
Requires the ability to perform all basic math functions, as well as ability to average all units of measure and calculate decimals and percentages. Must be able to provide accurate data for Cosmetology department, NC State Board, and college records.
Requires the ability to apply principles, such as motivation, professionalism, and leadership. Ability to use effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
A complete knowledge of computer technology as used in an educational environment is required.
(Microsoft, BlackBoard, WebAdvisor, Discovery Pro Cosmetology Software, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has responsibilities in classroom and laboratory environments to be conducive to learning. Requires a professional and educational setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I have read and understand this job description.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact