On and Offsite JCC Campus Locations, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, September 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate in Arts Degree or a related field.
Education Preferred: Associate Degree in Culinary Technology.
Experience Minimum: Two (2) to four (4) years of culinary experience.
Experience Preferred: Five (5) years of experience in the culinary field including one year of supervisory and teaching experience.
Under general supervision, the purpose of this position is to provide a certificate program in Food Service. Employees in this classification will be responsible for providing classroom instruction; administering tests; evaluating student performance and maintaining accurate documentation as required by state standards.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaches classes and instructs; conducts learning activities.
- Determines need for supplies; ensure proper storage and security of supplies; obtains quotes as needed.
- Prepares attendance records and administers attendance policy.
- Maintains cleanliness of class/labs area.
- Maintain security of tools and equipment.
- Prepares lesson plans, course overviews and course syllabi.
- Selects appropriate learning material for assigned classes.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Additional Information:Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend written material.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math reasoning required
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Servesafe.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The North Carolina Department of Public Safety requires all persons that enter the prison to be completely vaccinated. Proof of vaccination is required for employment.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact