Closes: Monday, January 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year experience in hospitality, customer service, or related industry
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, working well with others
- Ability to utilize a customer-focused approach in performing duties
- Ability to accurately receive information and make sound decisions
- Ability to be self-directed and to complete work independently
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communications
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in janitorial, customer service, or related industry.
- Prior experience with cleaning equipment and cleaning agents.
The Custodian Part-Time (Day) position is a part-time, hourly position. The staff member is responsible for assisting with the general custodial services of the Northampton Early College and all buildings and grounds at all campus locations, as well as room setups.
Examples of Duties
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
Performs necessary routine custodial services including, but not limited to:
- Performs janitorial services in areas around the college campus as assigned by emptying waste, dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and sanitizing/cleaning restrooms.
- Washing windows.
- Replenishing paper products and hand soap.
- Cleaning chalkboards/whiteboards and erasers; arranging of classroom furniture; remove markings from walls, restroom stalls, countertops, desks, mirrors, blinds, drinking fountains, and fixtures.
- Cleaning floor mats, cob webs, etc.
- Polishing floors; shampooing carpets; cleaning and sanitizing showers, door handles, and hand rails.
- Assist with setup/tear down of rooms, as needed.
- Maintains records as required including worksheets of jobs completed, cleaning records, etc.
- Respond to needs such as work orders, particularly for event set up and tear down in The Centre.
- Follows campus rules and regulations along with supervisor guidance regarding regulatory code books, equipment manuals, policy and procedure manuals, codes/laws/regulations, publications, and reference texts, etc.
- Operates a variety of equipment and machinery such a telephone, vehicles and various trailers, sprayers, wet/dry vacuums, scrubbers, buffers, etc.
- Interacts and communications with various groups and individuals including Custoidal Supervisor, coworkers, staff and faculty, contractors, regulatory agencies, businesses and the general public.
- Performs general administrative work, including but not limited to: attending meetings, providing data for reports, etc.
- Incumbent must be able to work in a collegiate environment.
- Incumbent must establish and maintain a good working relationship with manager, co-workers, faculty, staff, students and the general public providing excellent customer service
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must complete required courses and certification as deemed necessary by the College
- Attends required annual safety training and continuing education.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Facilities Director and/or Vice-President of Administrative Services that support College initiatives
- Incumbent must be able to work in a collegiate environment
- Incumbent must establish and maintain a good working relationship with manager, co-workers, faculty, staff, students and the general public providing excellent customer services.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc.
Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.