Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Friday, October 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Two years of experience working in Human Resources, Office Administration or related office support field. Ability to work independently, prioritizing work and balancing multiple projects concurrently. Must have excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with our diverse employee and student groups in a positive and pleasant manner.
- Intermediate skill level required with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Willingness and desire to learn and grow with the College.
Preferred education and experience
Preference will be given to candidates who meet the required qualifications and hold an Associate degree. Strong preference for documented accounting and payroll experience on the application.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
We recognize that thinking about starting a new job with the current pandemic crisis can be concerning. Please be assured that we are taking the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously and will be mindful and extremely cautious during the interview process and subsequent onboarding process. Generally training would occur working alongside someone, having numerous in-person meetings and trainings, and shadowing. This onboarding will look different and will be more reliant on phone calls and video conferencing. We hope that you will feel assured in exploring this job with us as we navigate this ever-changing situation.
This position’s primary purpose is to assist Human Resources in the day-to-day operations of the department while making a positive contribution toward the mission, vision, values and goals of Haywood Community College in a competent, creative, flexible and pleasant manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records and documentation following the guidance of HCC Personnel files policy.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to human resources activities (payroll, staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, etc.)
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Human Resources.
- Supports Human Resource function with a keen attention to detail in a proactive and timely manner.
- Will assist and support payroll function in processing, accurate data entry, answering employee questions and reviewing and tracking timesheets.
- Will assist in coordinating communication with job candidates regarding interviews, process, and references.
- Responsible for answering and routing calls, greeting visitors, handling inquiries from the public, and coordinating incoming and outgoing mail.
- Prepare correspondence, agendas and reports.
- General office duties (typing, filing, mail, records, printing, faxing, ordering, etc.) utilizing MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Internet, Email and other information systems programs.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, campus-wide meetings, employee events, and other gatherings.
- Assist with New Hire Orientation
- Coordinate and schedule routine, recurring meetings for HR Team and employees.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Adhere to Haywood Community College’s Core Values
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and confidentiality; being a trusted partner within the HR Team
- Contribute to, and actively support the goal of maintaining an employee and student-centered environment.
- Support and participate in efforts related to process enhancements and have an ever-present desire for continuous improvement.
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students, and our learning community and the general public.
- Promote and support HCC’s mission, vision, and values and promote and support coworkers in the most positive manner.
HCC ELI (Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative) Responsibilities
- Implement a team approach in the performance of tasks; work with others to analyze a situation, establish priorities, and apply resources for solving a problem or accomplishing a task
- Accept responsibility for job performance and assigned tasks; exhibit individual behaviors that support the official goals and objectives of the college and its members
- Communicate with students, faculty, staff and the general public in a professional and timely manner
- Approach problems as a learning opportunity and implement strategies to reduce problems
- Maximize resources to process information; acquire, evaluate, organize, manage, interpret, and communicate information to coworkers, faculty, staff, and students
- Exhibit flexibility and receptivity to changing technologies, methods, processes, work environments, and organizational structure and practices.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- A cover letter is highly suggested.
- IMPORTANT: All qualified candidates must show that they meet the qualifications of the position on the application. Do not reference resume. The application must be complete for consideration. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status