Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Two years of experience working in Human Resources, Office Administration or related office support field. Ability to work independently, prioritizing work and balancing multiple projects concurrently. Must have excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with our diverse employee and student groups in a positive and pleasant manner. Willingness and desire to learn and grow with the College.
Intermediate skill level required with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio.
Associates Degree with 2+ years of experience in Human Resources and experience in Payroll and/or Accounting.
Primary Purpose of Position
This position’s primary purpose is to assist Human Resources in the day-to-day operations of the department while making a positive contribution toward the mission, vision, values and goals of Haywood Community College in a competent, creative, flexible and pleasant manner.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records and documentation following the guidance of HCC Personnel files policy.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to human resources activities (payroll, staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, etc.)
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Human Resources.
- Supports Human Resource function with a keen attention to detail in a proactive and timely manner.
- Will assist and support payroll function in processing, accurate data entry, answering employee questions and reviewing and tracking timesheets.
- Will assist in coordinating communication with job candidates regarding interviews, process, and references.
- Responsible for answering and routing calls, greeting visitors, handling inquiries from the public, and coordinating incoming and outgoing mail.
- Prepare correspondence, agendas and reports.
- General office duties (typing, filing, mail, records, printing, faxing, ordering, etc.) utilizing MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Internet, Email and other information systems programs.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, campus-wide meetings, employee events, and other gatherings.
- Assist with New Hire Orientation
- Coordinate and schedule routine, recurring meetings for HR Team and employees.
- Assist with COVID-19 Pandemic Response administrative support under the direction and guidance of the Director of HR.
- Other duties as assigned
- Adhere to Haywood Community College’s Core Values
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and confidentiality; being a trusted partner within the HR Team
- Contribute to, and actively support the goal of maintaining an employee and student-centered environment.
- Support and participate in efforts related to process enhancements and have an ever-present desire for continuous improvement.
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students, and our learning community and the general public.
- Promote and support HCC’s mission, vision, and values and promote and support coworkers in the most positive manner.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.