Main Campus, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, December 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Manufacture Certifications in Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology or Diesel related fields.
Education Preferred: Associate Degree in Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology or related field.
Experience Minimum: 10 years of work experience as a truck or equipment Service and Repair Technician
Experience Preferred: 12 years of work experience as a truck or equipment Service and Repair Technician, and some teaching/training experience.
Under general supervision, the purpose of this position is to provide instruction in the certificate, diploma, and A.A.S. programs for the diesel and heavy equipment technology (diesel) trade. Employee must possess a commitment to quality teaching and student achievement. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. Position is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; administering tests; evaluating work; and counseling/advising students. Perform related work as required.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Teaches classes and instructs; conducts learning activities.
- Determines need for supplies; ensure proper storage and security of supplies; obtains quotes as needed.
- Averages grades and prepares grade reports.
- Prepares attendance reports and administers attendance policy; administers and responds to annual evaluation reports; prepares and maintains a variety of paperwork.
- Maintains cleanliness of class/lab area.
- Maintains security of tools and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Applicant must have a working knowledge of Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Applicant must have basic computer and key boarding skills. Microsoft office knowledge a plus as this job will require the use of this software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants should be able to lift 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact