On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, August 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma with North Carolina Board of Examiners of Electrical Contractors Certification or equivalent.
Two years' work experience in the field as certified electrician.
Associate Degree in Electrical Technology
Five or more years work experience as a certified electrician.
Plans, develops, and teaches courses in one or more areas such as electrical theory, residential wiring, and the National Electrical Code, on JCC's main campus and/or also at the Johnston Correctional Institute. Conducts subject area research, evaluates student progress, develops instructional plans, advises students, reviews, researches, and requests new materials, maintains records, and prepares a variety of reports as requested.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaches classes and instructs; conducts learning activities
- Determines need for supplies; ensure proper storage and security of supplies; obtains quotes as needed
- Maintains cleanliness of class/labs area
- Maintain security of tools and equipment
- Prepares lesson plans, course overviews and course syllabi
- Selects appropriate learning material for assigned classes
- Provides students with updated concepts of electrical code set by the state of North Carolina
- Ensures that all necessary documentation is kept current and delivered in a timely manner
- Prepare materials related to electrical code and all updates in the electrical industry
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Ability to read and comprehend written material.
Basic math reasoning required
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Proficient in Microsoft Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact