Haywood County College, 185 Freedlander Drive, Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
North Carolina State Electrical Contractors license and three years of work experience in the field. Strong knowledge of National Electrical Code, electrical prints and schematics, single-phase and three phase motors and controls, residential, commercial, and industrial wiring systems. Advanced skill in installation, service, troubleshooting and repair of residential, commercial, and industrial electrical systems, along with excellent customer service and communication skills.
Ability to maintain relationships with community partners that provide students the opportunity to hone their skills in the real-world environment.
AS degree in Electrical Systems Technology. Past experience with teaching within community college system. Experience with using Moodle.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Primarily instruction and public service and those forms of research which promote and enhance the college's commitment to excellence in instruction and which supports the current needs of the students and faculty; maintaining professional competence.
* Proposed start date is 8/16/21 for FALL semester. Must be available for evening courses and online instruction. *
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Faculty members are responsible to a dean or program manager. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of leader, teacher, advisor and facilitator of learning.
- Teaches electrical systems technology to community college and high school students
- Possible online and/or evening instruction requirements.
- Keeps shop environment clean and continuously improve the educational environment
- Organizes shop tools, office and classroom for a professional environment
- Maintains annually updated course syllabi and provide each student with a written statement of course requirements at the beginning of the semester including texts, course content and competencies and evaluation
- Prepares course materials; use appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, leading discussions and conducting laboratory demonstrations; and perform other activities, which are related to and meet the requirements of the courses.
- Conducts evaluations of student performance and assign grades on the basis of such evaluations.
- Maintains records of student's attendance and grades according to college and state policy and procedure.
- Maintains posted office hours as required by College policy and procedure can be available for student conferences and tutoring
- Responsible for administering student surveys in the classes as prescribed by College procedure and discussing results with dean
- Maintains professional skills and subject expertise through continual study and research in discipline and through involvement in professional organizations
- Donates academic expertise in the local, state or national community when appropriate to fulfill the community relations goals of the College
- Supports and encourages college-sponsored activities
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
· Create a client/student-centered environment
· Work toward operational excellence
· Implement innovative strategies to meet the needs of clients and improve processes
· Interact with co-workers and perform tasks with the highest level of integrity
· Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students, and our community
· Promote and support HCC's mission, vision, and values and promote and support coworkers in the most positive manner.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- Required certifications must be outlined on the application and a copy of any licensure attached.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status