Haywood Community College
185 Freedlander Dr.
Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, October 19, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in English or related subject area.
Master's degree in English or related subject area. Teaching experience at the post-secondary level and familiarity with Moodle a plus. Potential candidates must be available to teach daytime face-to-face English courses during the week.
The position may provide opportunities to teach both developmental and curriculum level English courses. Primarily instruction and public service and those forms of research which promote and enhance the college's commitment to excellence in instruction and which supports the current needs of the students and faculty; developing curriculum; maintaining professional competence. Faculty members are responsible to a department/division Dean or Program Manager, sometimes a coordinator. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of leader, teacher, and facilitator of learning.
* Potential candidates must be available to teach face-to-face ENG 111, Writing and Inquiry, and ENG 112, Writing and Research in the Disciplines, sections at various times during the week. Sections are available throughout the morning on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, or also in the morning and afternoon on Tuesday and Thursday. *
- Maintains updated course syllabi and provide each student with a written statement of course requirements at the beginning of the semester including texts, course content and competencies, evaluation.
- Prepares course materials; use appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, leading discussions and conducting laboratory demonstrations; and perform other activities, which are related to and meet the requirements of the courses.
- Conducts evaluations of student performance and assign grades such evaluations.
- Maintains records of student attendance and grades according to college and state policy and procedure.
- Responsible for the development and revision of course content, instructional materials, teaching assignments/scheduling.
- Responsible for administering student surveys in classes as prescribed by College procedure and discussing results with department dean.
- Maintains professional skills and subject expertise through continual study and research in the discipline.
- Supports and encourages college-sponsored activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
How to Apply
To Apply Submit:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at www.haywood.edu, click on the HCC Jobs tab then select position applying for.
- Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Must provide 3 professional references with email addresses.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to the college president.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.