Haywood Community College, 185 Freelander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Friday, October 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree in English or a related field from a regionally accredited institution is required. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Prior experience teaching or tutoring students a plus.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide students with additional learning resources related to coursework in English.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Tutoring in specified and approved subjects
- Following Tutoring guidelines and rules
- No homework – per administrative code
- No tutoring when student is scheduled for class
- Per guidelines
- LSS Expectations [See expectations]
- Maintaining tutoring area
- No food or drink at computers
- Reporting any problems to Director
- Study tables
- Sign-in sheet
- Supervising students in tutoring area
- Appropriate conduct – per posted conduct policy
- Provide assistance as needed
- Tutoring Application Processing
- Assist in online application
- Reporting and Data Entry
- Tutoring Applications
- FTE forms
- Semester review and checklist
- Perkins time-sheet (if applicable)
- Grammar Evaluation check-in and scanning
- Testing Room Assistance
- Manning testing desk if needed
- Follow test proctor guidelines
- Regular review of HCC email
- Email notices to students via Writing Lab email
Additional duties as needed to perform essential tasks.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
Haywood Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Upon request, the College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they may be able to perform the essential functions of their job unless doing so would result in an undue burden for the College.
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.