Closes: Sunday, October 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate in Applied Science degree in business related field preferred or High School diploma or equivalent with 2 years related experience.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications. Ability to communicate with students verbally and in written form. Ability to be discrete, explanatory, thorough, and rational when handling difficult and confidential student data.
Under supervision of the Financial Aid Director, the PT Financial Aid Specialist I assists with the administrative duties of the Financial Aid Office to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The list of essential function below does not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent in this position.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
1. Establishes appointments, handles telephone calls, and executes correspondence and memoranda.
2. Receives, directs, and assists visitors and/or students.
3. Prepares student files (labels, organize, and updates with respect to documents).
4. Collects documentation for verification purposes.
5. Completes informational request for outside agencies (Social Services, WIA, Employment Security Commission).
6. Receives and distributes all mail, faxes, and request for print shop material.
7. Maintains an office inventory.
8. Assists with document tracking letters, award package preparation, and bulk mailings.
9. Responsible for cross training fellow Financial Aid staff members.
10. Assists applicants in completion of financial aid applications and instruct them on their responsibility for completion of the application.
11. Informs students and families about federal, state, and institutional programs and funds available to assist community college students, included but not limited to Pell, Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant, Federal Tax Credits, NC Community College Grant, NC Education Lottery Scholarship, and to actively encourage students to utilize the federal program funds.
Support of Mission/Related Responsibilities:
12. Assists with various college functions (CFI’s FAFSA Day, Fall and Spring New Student Orientation, Graduation, ACA 111 class presentations, etc.). Serves on college committees as assigned.
13. Assists other areas of the Student Services Department in outreach and recruiting functions.
14. Other duties as assigned.
15. Attend on and off campus training opportunities.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc.
Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.