Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate degree in a related field of study or Associate's Degree and an equivalent combination of experience in community college continuing education and certification.
Experience Minimum: Five (5) years’ experience in Fire / Rescue Services. Must be certified as a Fire Instructor II and a Firefighter Level I and II. Must complete NCOSFM Proctor Training.
This position is responsible for scheduling and coordinating specialized training classes for Public Safety personnel within Fire and Rescue services. This position will be required to work with both internal and external stakeholders to identify training needs, collaborate with state, county and local partners.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules and coordinates Fire / Rescue training for public safety personnel.
- Review and ensure class packets are complete.
- Delivers class packets to Fire Departments and/or coordinates their delivery and return.
- Prepares tests and coordinates retests.
- Proctors Fire certification tests.
- Grades exams for certification courses.
- Submit appropriate grade change forms.
- Registers and delivers equipment and supplies to off-site classes.
- Reviews class packets for accuracy.
- Audits fire classes, picks up and delivers course material to instructors and proctors.
- Conducts class visitations, evaluates in-service training classes as they are taught.
- Maintains a detailed knowledge of OSFM and college policies and procedures as well as detailed knowledge of all Fire service disciplines.
- Handle inquiries from Chief’s or Training officers requesting classes and/or information.
- Receive inquiries and respond to phone calls, emails from instructors or other departmental personnel.
- Attend meetings as needed.
- Train instructors in the completion of JCC class forms and other documents.
- Notify supervisor of any class modifications.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned in support of the department and college’s goals and core values.
- Act with integrity and demonstrate ethical behavior in all matters with all stakeholders
- Maintain a high level of energy, enthusiasm, engagement and commitment to action
- Develop trust and model open, candid, and respectful communication and collaborative teamwork
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook. Experience in Excel is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet; however, depending on the location there maybe noise associated with emergency sirens or other industrial equipment.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact