Main Campus - Smithfield, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, December 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate of Arts Degree in a related field
Two to four years of culinary experience
Associate Degree in Culinary Technology
Five years of experience in the culinary field including one year of supervisory and teaching experience.
Under general supervision, the purpose of this position is to provide a certificate program in Food Service. Employees in this classification will be responsible for providing classroom instruction; administering tests; evaluating student performance and maintaining accurate documentation as required by state standards.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaches classes and instructs; conducts learning activities
- Determines need for supplies; ensure proper storage and security of supplies; obtains quotes as needed
- Prepares attendance records and administers attendance policy
- Maintains cleanliness of class/labs area
- Maintain security of tools and equipment
- Prepares lesson plans, course overviews and course syllabi
- Selects appropriate learning material for assigned classes
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and comprehend written material
Basic math reasoning required
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Proficient in Microsoft Office
How to Apply
Job Post Contact