Main Campus, Smithfield, NC
Closes: Monday, September 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Experience Minimum: One to three months related experience
Additional Preferred Qualification: Bilingual in English and Spanish
Assists by filling in for the Full-time Front Desk/Receptionist for lunchbreaks, (2) fifteen minute breaks per day, and days off/away. Welcomes, greets and directs on-site visitors; operates multiline telephone system (switchboard) answering incoming calls. Directs callers to appropriate personnel. Assists with imaging/scanning, filing, and other administrative duties in the Business Office. Assists with periodic set ups of Performing Arts events.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Substantial experience and outstanding skills in customer service; accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to think quickly to successfully assist all customers.
- Assist Full-time Receptionist by welcoming on-site visitors, determining nature of business, and directing visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Assist Full-time Receptionist in answering incoming telephone calls, determining purpose of callers, and forwarding calls to appropriate personnel or department(s).
- Assist Full-time Receptionist in taking and delivering messages and transferring calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answer questions about organization and provide callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Physically assist students while entering and exiting the building if the need arises.
- Assist with key distribution for college vehicles to employees at their appropriate reservation time.
- Assist students with parking decal forms and distribution of decals.
- Assists Business Office staff with imaging (scanning) documents, filing and any other administrative duties needed.
- Assists with periodic Performing Arts duties to include occasional setups of Performing Arts and other college events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to site; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment (s) is usually medium to quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact