PT Grant Project Liaison
JCC/Workforce Development Center
135 Best Wood Drive
Clayton, NC 27520
Closes: Sunday, April 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with faculty, staff, internal clients, and external consultants and authorities.
- Ability to effectively plan and implement project activities.
- Experience managing budgets and tracking expenses
- Ability to write reports, project descriptions and scope, aHd routine business correspondence.
- Ability to present effectively information, respond to questions and concerns immediately and facilitate satisfactory resolutions to problems.
- Ability to utilize technology effectively.
- Experience fostering and maintaining positive and collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in operations and training standards that meet best industry practices.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
Education Minimum: Associates degree
Experience Minimum: One (1) year experience in project management or grant management
Education Preferred: Bachelors degree preferred
The grant project liaison will be responsible for ensuring the JCC is on track to meet the goals associated with the Build Back Better grant. This person will work closely with JCC and the system office, as well as NC Biotechnology Center to effectively implement the activities associated with the grant project. This is a time limited Grant funded Position
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the system office BBB BioBetter Project Director to ensure coordinated execution of all BBB BioBetter project activities implemented at JCC and the system level, including but not limited to work groups on:
- Increasing enrollment through targeted outreach (working collaboratively with Connect@/Hispanic Coalitions and the rest of the Coalition)
- BioTeach implementation
- Short-term course development
- Virtual Course Development
- Equity/Pathway Navigators
- Collaborates with the NC Biotechnology Center to implement non-BioBetter BBB activities like apprenticeships
- Make recommendations to determine institutional needs and BBB BioBetter project effectiveness related to the institution's mission and strategic plan.
- Contribute to establishing progress indicators and means for monitoring project performance.
- Coordinate and monitor the effective implementation of BBB BioBetter project activities while ensuring efficient and effective use of program resources.
- Maintain effective lines of communication with the president, senior administrators, and system level personnel to ensure program operation is consistent with overall institution goals and the BBB BioBetter grant.
- Lead development of presentations, reports, plans of operation, working budgets, and other documents critical to the management of each BioBetter activity
- Maintain project documentation including, but not limited to, communications, policies, procedures, reports, plans of operation, budgets, expenditures, and records of project inventory
- Ensure compliance with college, state and federal regulations with special focus on EDA federal grant compliance.
- In conjunction with NCCCS Project Director, the Business Office and the Grants Department, manage the BBB BioBetter project budget, including ensuring allow ability of costs, tracking expenses, maintaining expense documentation, and submitting requests to the business office in cooperation with project staff and according to college, state, and federal accounting procedures.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting and outcome data tracking per EDA and NCCCS requirements.
- Regularly review project success metrics and share with stakeholders to ensure the project meets projected outcomes.
- Lead and participate in regular project team meetings to discuss project progress and implement program modifications, if necessary.
- Coordinate and disseminate project-related internal and external evaluations.
- Coordination of project status and results dissemination including creating and updating project website, providing presentations to stakeholders, assisting in writing press releases and news stories, and related communications.
- Hire, support, train, and evaluate project personnel.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of industry partners, students, faculty, and the general public.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute salary rates and percentages and interpret results.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Familiarity with College Systems such as Colleague, OnBase, E-Pro etc. is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to communicate effectively. The employee must be able to meet mobility requirements and be able to occasionally move materials of up to 10 pounds. Must be able to access print material and utilize the information effectively.
The work environment characteristics of an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
How to Apply
Job Post Contact