Haywood Community College main campus
Closes: Thursday, September 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School diploma or equivalent with 1-3 years of work experience. Working knowledge of customer service practices and principles. Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions, meet physical demands of the position, to react appropriately in routine and emergency situations, to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a diverse population, to gather information and write factual reports, and to explain and ensure compliance with policies, rules, and regulations. Must be proficient in developing records systems, reports, and secure system processing requirements. Microsoft Office proficiency with Word, Access and proprietary databases.
Meet minimum requirements and have 1-3 years of purchasing or business administration experience. NC State Purchasing experience.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Performs tasks associated with maintaining, supporting and promoting PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) at all Haywood Community College locations.
This role will primarily be supporting PPE needs due to the COVID-19 pandemic and campus response.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Supports campus Safety Officer with PPE supplies and inventory across HCC campuses;
- Purchase safety related supplies (both on HCC P-Card or NC Purchase Order) as inventory loads demand;
- Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory of on-hand PPE equipment;
- Work collaboratively with Safety Officer and other campus employees to anticipate equipment needs based on campus traffic flow;
- Accurately record distribution of PPE materials;
- Proactive and timely fulfilment of PPE related supply requests and/or tickets;
- Stays up to date on required postings and posts necessary signage related to COVID-19 Pandemic response or precautions;
- Responsible for monitoring and refilling of disinfectant dispensers;
- Follow and maintain record of up-to-date CDC Recommendations, State and/or Locally Mandated Ordinances, and Haywood Community College COVID-19 Response;
- Helps to monitor for face covering compliance where called for;
- Access and mark spaces for social distancing guidelines as ordinances call for; Work closely with the Coordinator of Campus Development Services and Events in order to make certain that planned event locations (planned for internal or external events) meet guidelines for COVID-19 pandemic restrictions when needed.
- Following suspected or confirmed cases on campus, serves to properly disinfect space according to guidelines and timelines that best meet the needs of the college; maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Conduct training on proper PPE usage, specific to the COVID-19 Pandemic;
- Provide monthly reporting to Safety Officer (and others, as requested) on PPE usage across campus;
- May operate college-owned vehicles.
- Assist Safety Officer with other duties as needed.
The Health & PPE Technician will work closely with the Safety Officer and works cooperatively with the Director of Campus Development. Role will have frequent interaction with all roles across campus.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status