On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, August 1, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate Degree in Horticulture, Agriculture or closely related field.
Experience Minimum: Experience in Landscape Design, Turf Culture, Irrigation Methods, Business Marketing and Greenhouse Production
Experience Preferred: Prior teaching experience in a general population or correctional instructional setting.
Under general supervision, the purpose of this position is to provide a comprehensive Horticulture instructional program committed to quality teaching and successful student achievement. Employees in this classification will be responsible for providing classroom instruction; administering tests; evaluating student performance and maintaining accurate documentation as required by state standards.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Teaches classes and instructs; conducts learning activities
- Determines need for supplies; ensure proper storage and security of supplies; obtains quotes as needed
- Prepares lesson plans, course overviews and course syllabi
- Prepares and oversees projects
- Selects appropriate learning material for assigned classes
- Prepares attendance records and administers attendance policy
- Maintains cleanliness of class/grounds/labs area
- Maintain security of tools and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations and maintenance procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Proficient in Microsoft Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact