On and Offsite JCC Campus Locations, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate Degree in Human Resource Development, or related discipline and certified as a Working Smart Instructor
Education Preferred: Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Development, or related discipline
Experience Minimum: One (1) year of previous experience and/or training that includes teaching in an adult educational setting
The purpose of this position is to provide quality instruction in the Human Resources Development (HRD), Career Development program for Johnston Community College. The college shall provide HRD instruction necessary for unemployed, underemployed and dislocated workers to be served within the college service area. This position is predominantly to teach the "Working Smart" soft skills program and possibly include classes in technology awareness, employability skills, career planning and assessment, career readiness, employability motivation and retention and economic literacy if there is a need. Day time and evening time availability.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaches classes and instructs students in the "Working Smart" soft skills program and other
State approved HRD courses that address these six core components:
(1) Assessment of an individual's assets and limitations
(2) Development of a positive self-concept
(3) Development of employability skills
(4) Development of communication skills
(5) Development of problem-solving skills
(6) Awareness of the impact of information technology in the workplace.
- Prepares lesson plans, lectures, course overviews and course syllabi
- Selects appropriate learning material for assigned classes
- Responsible for starting classes, preparing attendance roster and adhering to attendance class polices
- Comprehending assessments in all areas of job search preparation and retention, including resumes, cover letters, applications and electronic employment portfolios
- Maintain professionalism as a representative of the college
- Assist in marketing and recruiting students to attend classes
- Ability to demonstrate competence in areas expected to teach
- Ability to plan, organize and instruct quality educational programs
- Ability to communicate effectively with adult learners and to maintain good relationships with staff and students
- Ability to exercise individual initiative, independent actions, and sound judgment
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Language Skills: Effective written and verbal communication skills are required
Mathematical Skills: Basic math reasoning required
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact