On and Offsite JCC Campus Locations, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, September 15, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to demonstrate competence in areas expected to teach
- Ability to plan, organize and instruct quality educational programs
- Ability to communicate effectively with adult learners and to maintain good relationships with staff and students
- Ability to exercise individual initiative, independent actions, and sound judgment
- Flexible Availability
Education Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Development, or related discipline
Education Preferred: Master's Degree in Human Resource Development, or related discipline
Experience Minimum: Five years of previous experience and/or training that includes teaching in an adult educational setting
The purpose of this position is to provide quality instruction in the Human Resources Development (HRD) program at Johnston Community College. The college shall provide HRD instruction necessary for unemployed, underemployed and dislocated workers to be served within the college service area. This position can include classes in technology awareness, employability skills, career planning and assessment, career readiness, employability motivation and retention and economic literacy.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaches classes and instructs students in the NC Community College state approved HRD courses
- Prepares lesson plans, lectures, course overviews and course syllabi
- Selects appropriate learning material for assigned classes
- Responsible for starting classes, preparing attendance roster and adhering to attendance class polices
- Comprehending assessments in all areas of job search preparation and retention, including resumes, cover letters, applications and electronic employment portfolios
- Maintain professionalism as a representative of the college
- Assist in marketing and recruiting students to attend classes
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Language Skills: Effective written and verbal communication skills are required
Mathematical Skills: Basic math reasoning required
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact