PT Human Resource Development Instructor (HRD)
Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, April 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Education, Business, Organizational Management, Human Resource Management, Computer technology, Construction/Project management, or other closely related fields
- Certified Career Services Provider credential
- Previous teaching experience at a community college or university, experience using instructional technologies, and teaching online courses are preferred
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Teach employability soft skills as they relate to current computer technology and trends vital to the existing job market. Provide classroom instruction to college students through lecture, demonstration, laboratory exercises, handouts, responding to questions and testing for employability purposes.
This advertisement is an effort to create a "pool" of qualified candidates for consideration of employment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
The instructor will be responsible for the following duties:
- Advising students;
- Maintaining professional competence;
- Maintain annually updated course syllabi and provide each student with a written statement of course requirements at the beginning of the semester including texts, course content and competencies and evaluation.
- Prepare course materials; use appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, leading discussions and conducting laboratory demonstrations; and perform other activities, which are related to and meet the requirements of the courses.
- Conduct evaluations of student performance and assign grades on the basis of such evaluations.
- Maintain records of student attendance and grades according to college and state policy and procedure.
- Responsible for the development and revision of course content, textbook/equipment selection, instructional materials and teaching assignments/scheduling.
- Responsible for administering student surveys in classes as prescribed by College procedure and discussing results with Dean or Program Manager.
- Participate in the development and implementation of articulation programs and agreements and promote student participation in such programs.
- Work with students and employers in occupational settings, on-the-job training, practicums, internships and similar work-related situations as needed
- Learn new guidelines and processes in performing duties and advising students
- Create a student-centered environment
- Work toward operational excellence; continuous improvement of processes
- Implement innovative strategies to meet the needs of students and improve processes
- Interact with co-workers and perform tasks with the highest level of integrity
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students, and our learning community
- Promote and support HCC’s mission, vision, and values and promote and support coworkers in the most positive manner.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status.
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.