On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, September 30, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to demonstrate competence in areas expected to teach
- Ability to plan, organize and instruct quality educational programs
- Ability to communicate effectively with adult learners and to maintain good relationships with staff and students
- Ability to exercise individual initiative, independent actions, and sound judgement
Education Minimum: Associate Degree in Human Resource Development, or related discipline
Experience Minimum: Two years of previous experience and/or training that includes teaching in an adult educational setting
Preferred: Day Time and Evening Time Availability, Bi-Lingual, Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Development, or related discipline
The purpose of this position is to provide quality instruction in the HRD, employability skills training program at onsite and offsite JCC campus locations. Human Resource Development courses are held predominately for the unemployed, underemployed or recently laid off and can include classes in technology awareness, employability skills, career planning and assessment, career readiness, employability motivation and retention and economic literacy.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaches classes and instructs students in all areas of Technology Awareness, including:
- Assess the individual's technology literacy
- Develop a plan to create a moderate comfort level of basic computer-use skills
- Show how to use technology in developing and implementing job search strategies
- Demonstrate how to research career and occupational information
- Teach how to access governmental and educational resources
- Explain how social networking (linked-in) impacts employment and emphasizing the role of technology in the workplace
- Prepares lesson plans, lectures, course overviews and course syllabi
- Selects appropriate learning material for assigned classes
- Responsible for starting classes, preparing attendance roster and adhering to attendance class polices
- Comprehending assessments in all areas of job search preparation and retention, including resumes, cover letters, applications and electronic employment portfolios
- Maintain professionalism as a representative of the college
- Assist in marketing and recruiting students to attend classes
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Language Skills: Effective written and verbal communication skills are required
Mathematical Skills: Basic math reasoning required
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Willing to obtain the Career Readiness Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact