Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, November 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Diploma in HVACR.
Preferred: Associate's degree in HVACR, Industrial Technology, Electronic, Mechatronic or equivalent Industrial Degree
Experience Minimum: Three years work experience as a HVACR Service and Repair Technician and teaching experience.
Under general supervision, the purpose of this position is to provide certificate, diploma, A.A.S. programs on basic air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration trades committed to qualify to quality teaching and student achievement. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. Position is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; administering tests; evaluating work; and counseling students. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaches classes and instructs; conducts learning activities.
- Determines need for supplies; ensure proper storage and security of supplies; obtains quotes as needed.
- Averages grades and prepares grade reports.
- Prepares attendance reports and administers attendance policy; administers and responds to annual evaluation reports; prepares and maintains a variety of paperwork.
- Maintains cleanliness of class/labs area.
- Maintain security of tools and equipment.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Ability to read and comprehend written material.
Basic math reasoning required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Proficient in Microsoft office.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Refrigerant handling and some type of HVACR Technician Certification preferred
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact