Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, December 8, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
3 – 5 years of industrial maintenance experience. Good verbal, written, math and computer skills.
Associate degree in Industrial Maintenance or Mechatronics
Primarily instruction and public service and those forms of research which promote and enhance the college’s commitment to excellence in instruction and which supports the current needs of the students and faculty. Faculty members are responsible to the Dean or Program Manager. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of leader, teacher, adviser and facilitator of learning.
Position is expected to start 12/4/2023
- Teach all phases of Industrial Maintenance Technology and manage rotation of students that includes instruction in mechanical maintenance, hydraulic systems, gearboxes, electric motors, predictive and preventative maintenance, variable frequency drives, electronics, motor control and fluid power, PLCs, robotics, and welding
- Develop, plan, and prepare a complete progressive course of study, lesson plans, assignments, and instructional aides, and keep these revised and up to date to meet the requirements of industry
- Monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress
- Maintain records directly related to students within the Industrial Maintenance program
- Maintain good public relations with business and industry
- Demonstrate and perform all work-based projects in a classroom and shop setting
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status.
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.