Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Saturday, January 16, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: High School Diploma or a General Education Degree (GED).
Education Preferred: Associate’s degree in a business, computer or other related field.
Experience Minimum: One year or more experience working in the community college setting with Colleague, standardized testing, LEIS data reporting or Basic Skills programs.
Assists in multiple areas of Basic Skills programs, as needed, to provide direct instructional support to faculty members and currently enrolled students.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Basic Skills faculty members with student retention. Upon instructor request, contacts students who have not been attending scheduled classes to encourage continual attendance.
- Provides assistance for new student orientations by placing reminder calls and emails to students who have recently taken the TABE placement test.
- Assist LEIS Coordinator with internal audit files and student master files: filing, shredding & organizing by contract number and semester.
- Assist faculty members with class textbook sets, instructional copies and textbook inventory.
- Recruit for potential class sites and classes with low enrollment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bilingual candidate preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of students or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear and is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact