COA Elizabeth City Campus, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, December 18, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree with a concentration in Geography or Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours of Geography from a regionally accredited college or university.
The role of the Part-time Instructor, Geography is to provide knowledge in his/her field of expertise and to promote various student-centered learning activities that will stimulate an interest in critical thinking and a desire for life-long learning. Various teaching strategies, learning styles, and delivery methods including new technology systems will be utilized to reach this goal.
The Part-time Instructor, Geography is supervised by the Department Chair, Social Sciences.
Examples of Duties:
- Prepares, teaches, and evaluates assigned instructional courses in the classroom and/or online.
- Uses the syllabus as provided by the supervisor.
- Provides students with a supplemental syllabus with their contact information and grading policies.
- Develops supplemental teaching materials as appropriate to augment courses.
- Implements new teaching strategies as appropriate with supervision.
- Maintains accurate records of students' attendance and performance.
- Submits reports in accurate and timely manner.
- Adheres to assigned teaching load/hours.
- Integrates new technology in instructional delivery methods.
- Supplies information/data for the annual department budget based on stated goals.
- Adheres to/enforces policies and procedures related to academic area.
- Maintains a hazard free environment and practices safety in lab(s) or classroom.
- Keeps students and supervisor advised of their progress in class.
- Stays abreast of new developments and changes in academic field.
- Adheres to college's policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.