Elizabeth City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree in mathematics from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Student centered approach to education.
- Commitment to teaching in a comprehensive community college.
- Two years teaching experience at the post-secondary level and experience teaching via internet and information highway.
* This job posting has been created for the purpose of having a pool of applicants for consideration when an opening in Mathematics is available with COA. *
The role of the Part-time Instructor, Mathematics is to provide knowledge in his/her field of expertise and to promote various student-centered learning activities that will stimulate an interest in critical thinking and a desire for life-long learning. Various teaching strategies, learning styles, and delivery methods including new technology systems will be utilized to reach this goal.
Examples of Duties:
- Prepares, teaches, and evaluates assigned instructional courses (classroom, lab, clinical).
- Updates course syllabi to reflect changes.
- Develops supplemental teaching materials to augment courses.
- Create, maintain and update course information as well as grades in MyCourses.
- Implements new teaching strategies as appropriate.
- Evaluates textbooks for relevancy, quality, and currency, making recommendations as necessary per established policy.
- Maintains accurate records of students' attendance and performance.
- Submits reports in accurate and timely manner.
- Adheres to assigned teaching load/hours.
- Integrates new technology in instructional delivery methods.
- Supplies information/data for the annual department budget based on stated goals.
- Adheres to/enforces policies and procedures related to academic area.
- Maintains a hazard free environment and practices safety in lab(s) or classroom.
- Keeps students advised of their progress in class and when needed, refer students to the Academic Support Center for assistance.
- Writes letters of recommendations for students on request if appropriate.
- Stays abreast of new developments and changes in academic field.
- Adheres to college's policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.