Closes: Sunday, March 17, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma Required. Associate's Degree Preferred.
At least 1 year of tutoring and/or teaching experience.
See Minimum Qualifications
Provide one-on-one tutorial services to TRiO Student Support Services participants. Assists the Tutor Coordinator by observing and mentoring new tutors and assisting with other technical aspects of the tutorial program. Provides assistance and leadership during tutor training sessions, study skills seminars, and STEM related workshops. Reports to Program Director, TRiO
Primary Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Tutors TRiO participants, specifically participants in STEM related majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) and English.
- Assists at tutor training sessions, study skills workshops, etc.; may be required to conduct presentations on various topics.
- Provide feedback to TRiO participants using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, and build confidence.
- Maintain accurate records of tutorial session outcomes
- Organize tutoring environment to promote productivity and learning.
- Perform clerical duties as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of departmental documentation and issues.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Director, TRiO