Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Saturday, July 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree in math or related field; Microsoft Office skills; skills in solving problems; experience working with students, faculty, and staff in an education setting
Master’s degree in math or math-related field; teaching or tutoring experience at a community college
Primary Purpose of Position
The math professional tutor provides learning support to students in curriculum math courses ranging from basic algebra to pre-calculus algebra and statistics. The tutor provides this learning support in conjunction with instructors and other learning support personnel.
Essential Job Duties
- Tutor in HCC curriculum math courses with a focus on math remediation.
- Tutor in learning skills: study skills, time management, and test taking.
- Maintain accurate records for tutoring, including logging tutoring time and keeping a timesheet.
- Tutor online as needed.
- Participate in tutor training and professional development as required.
- Supervise and maintain order in the tutoring area.
- Assist with test proctoring as needed.
- Promote goodwill with students, faculty and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application and full job description found online at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status