Wilmington - Downtown Campus
Closes: Friday, June 11, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Social Media platforms - Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, SnapChat, TikTok, YouTube, etc.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- AP style
- General principles of professional writing.
- General principles of social media.
- Principles and practices record keeping.
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment
- Methods and techniques involved in maintaining up-to-date filing systems and virtual records.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Interpret and apply CFCC goals, objectives, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Communicate clearly and respectfully, both verbally and in writing
- Participate in all aspects of the communications and events functions of the college.
- Perform a variety of complex technical scheduling work involving the processing, maintenance, and review of room requests.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations
- Reading and writing
- Communicating with others
- Operating assigned equipment
- Handling varied tasks simultaneously
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include the following:
- Standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Operating assigned equipment
- Handling varied tasks simultaneously
- Bending, stooping, climbing, or lifting up to 50 pounds
- Maintain mental capacity, which allow the capability of:
- Making sound decisions
- Responding to questions
- Demonstrating intellectual capabilities
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University
- One year of communications/marketing and events experience
- Proven experience with social media channels
Preferred Education/Training, Experience, Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Communications or a closely related field
- One-year experience working in a higher education setting
This position creates, supports, and enhances external communications initiatives to improve how the college connects with students/parents, prospective students/parents, employees, and community members through communication and multimedia marketing efforts.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Receives general supervision from the Executive Director of Marketing and Community Relations or Digital Marketing Analyst.
- Supervises work-study students, interns, and student ambassadors as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):ESSENTIAL AND OTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS STATEMENTS:
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Creates content for CFCC's marketing efforts, including social media and screen graphics
- Creates schedules, supports goals and timelines for social media and other communication/marketing efforts.
- Monitors official college social media communications for accurate and consistent compliance with the standards of the college's brand style guide.
- Collaborates with the Community Relations team to create online/social media content (including, but not limited to tweets, status updates, photos and interactive videos) to support social media goals.
- Assists Digital Media Analyst to align social media content across multiple channels, including the college's website, internal and external newsletters, annual publications, etc.
- Writes/edits college online content, as assigned, which may include copy for webpages, social media messages, e-newsletters and mass communication (email, email marketing, text, etc).
- Proofreads assigned marketing communications as requested.
- Writes media releases and advisories and prepares for distribution as assigned.
- Using Adobe Creative Suite or other design tools, creates promotional content including: digital display ads, brochures, booklets, programs, agendas, banners, flyers, print and digital advertisements, posters, signage and other publications in accordance with brand guidelines.
- Creates invitations, programs, booklets, certificates, diplomas, signage and other event promotional materials for internal events including pinning ceremonies, graduations and foundation events.
- Liaises with venders for the promotional needs of the college.
- Maintains calendar of upcoming events that CFCC is sponsoring. Invites guests and sends timely reminders.
- Designs, writes and sends employee and student newsletters using Constant Contact (or similar) bi-monthly.
- Using Adobe Creative Suite or other design tools, creates designs for the campus TV system, and maintains current content.
- Takes photographs for events as needed.
- Maintains various complex records, including photo and video releases, receipts, invoices and other paperwork.
- Coordinates artwork approval with vendors and internal clients.
- Provides information and training regarding room requests via Ad Astra for all college faculty and staff; interprets and explains policies regarding room reservations; answers questions and resolves problems or complaints.
- Posts updates on the CFCC website and myCFCC portal and maintains the campus events calendar.
- Schedules freelancers as needed for College - photographers, interpreters, etc.
- Manages various sponsorships for the college; serve as main point of contact between attendees and vendor for college sponsorships.
- Assists all Community Relations team members as needed.
Other Important Functions:
- Assist employees with questions regarding communications and event planning via Ad Astra.
- Researches and answers department questions regarding status of communications, marketing requests, etc.
- Researches and answers department questions regarding status room requests.
- Attends staff meetings as necessary; provides staff support to various college committees.
- Serves as the Community Relations liaison on college-wide committees, as needed.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
How to Apply
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This position requires UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND/OR TRAINING CERTIFICATIONS be submitted in addition to the application. Please have these documents ready to upload when applying.
- Candidates are required to submit OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS for all degrees obtained prior to their first day of work or hire date. If highest level of education is High School diploma or equivalent, proof of completion is required.
- Candidates who have obtained their education outside of the US and its territories must have their academic degree(s) validated, at their own expense, by an outside credential evaluation service as equivalent to the Baccalaureate or master’s degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit an Application through the Cape Fear Community College Careers page, along with a current resume, explanatory cover letter, and unofficial/official transcript documentation. This position REQUIRES UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND/OR TRAINING CERTIFICATIONS be submitted in addition to the application. Please have these documents ready to upload when applying.