Main Campus, Smithfield, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, December 16, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Master's degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Business courses (BUS prefix) or a MBA.
Education Preferred: MBA with a concentration in marketing
Experience Minimum: One year teaching college-level courses. One year of marketing-related experience.
Experience Preferred: Three to five years' experience working in social media marketing/marketing-related field. Three to five years' experience teaching college level courses. Online teaching experience.
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to provide a comprehensive educational instructional program committed to quality teaching and successful student achievement. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. Position is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; preparing lesson plans; preparing tests; grading papers; maintaining accurate administrative records. Performs related work as required. Position is for seated daytime classes with the possibility of additional online teaching. Applicants must be able to teach daytime classes.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Primary responsibility to teach social media marketing and marketing courses.
- Instruct students using a variety of media; conducts engaging learning activities.
- Prepares syllabi, lesson plans, lectures, tests, class projects, and case studies
- Evaluates students' classwork, papers, exams, and projects and provides constructive feedback.
- Maintains student attendance records, grades, and other required administrative records.
- Follows Johnston Community College policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to perform basic math computations including adding, subtracting, multiplying and averaging all units of measure.
- Ability to compute fractions, percent and decimals.
- Ability to use effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
To perform this job successfully an individual should be proficient in a Windows environment and have knowledge of email systems, Microsoft Office, Web Advisor, and Blackboard. Ability to navigate publisher content and platforms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact