Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, September 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Diploma in Sonography from a JRC-DMS accredited program.
Education Preferred: Associate’s Degree in Sonography from a JRC-DMS accredited program.
Experience Minimum: A minimum of 1-year sonographic clinical experience as a staff technologist in a hospital or outpatient setting. Must be ARDMS certified in Abdomen and Obstetrics/Gynecology.
Experience Preferred: ARDMS certified in RDMS (AB and OB) and RVT
Under the supervision of the Department Chair of Imaging, Sonography Faculty are required to provide quality instruction in classroom, lab, and clinical settings and assume responsibilities designed to enhance the Sonography Program and Johnston Community College as assigned by the Department Chair of Imaging Programs and/or the Associate VP of Health Wellness and Human Services.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing instruction in classroom, lab, and clinical situations.
- Participating in the development, implementation and evaluation of curriculum and learning resources.
- Participating in the development of course outlines and overviews.
- Evaluating student learning academically and clinically.
- Participating in program evaluation/assessment, development, and implementation of departmental policies and the annual departmental plan.
- Complying with all requirements of the health service agencies.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the, Sonography Programs Director, Department Chair of Imaging Programs and/or AVP of Health Wellness & Human Services.
Supervision of students in the classroom, lab, and clinical is required.
Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
Ability to perform basic math computations including adding, subtracting, multiplying and averaging all units of measure.
Ability to compute fractions, percentages and decimals.
Ability to use effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making
To perform this job successfully an individual should be proficient in using a Windows environment and have knowledge of email systems; PowerPoint, Blackboard, and online clinical tracking are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact