Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
- Skilled Crafts
Closes: Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associates degree or equivalent from an accredited institution or related experience.
Education Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution or university.
Experience Minimum: 1-2 years golf coaching/playing experience and a valid driver’s license.
Experience Preferred: 3-5 years of successful golf coaching experience and a valid driver’s license.
The Head Men’s and Women’s Golf Coach is responsible for planning, managing, coordinating, operating, and evaluating the Men’s and Women’s Golf program at the college in collaboration with the Coordinator of Student Engagement/Athletics Director. Reporting to the Coordinator of Student Engagement/Athletics Director this position is expected to adhere to and maintain compliance of the rules and regulations of the NJCAA and is responsible for the fiscal maintenance of the athletics budget and resources. In addition, the Head Golf Coach will collaborate with the Academic Advisor and the Coordinator of Student Engagement/Athletics Director to ensure student athletes adhere to the academic plan and standards set by the college and NJCAA.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with the Coordinator of Student Engagement/Athletics Director on all matters of intercollegiate athletics not limited to but including eligibility, recruitment, safety, player retention, student conduct issues, equipment needs, red shirting, insurance, travel and all other areas of JCC athletics.
- In collaboration with the Coordinator of Student Engagement/Athletics Director manage and direct the Men’s and Women’s Golf program.
- Provide direction to the assistant coaching staff and provide feedback during the evaluation process.
- Plan and direct athletic events including practices, games, and tournaments.
- Coordinate recruitment of potential student-athletes.
- Collaborate with the Coordinator of Student Engagement/Athletics Director, Regional Sports chairman, and coaches to develop a competitive match schedule.
- Plan and direct athletic skill development for student-athletes.
- Stay current and commit to adhering to all policies, rules and regulations set forth by Johnston Community College, Athletic Department, and the NJCAA.
- Maintain necessary records and complete required paperwork in a specified time. All records must be maintained confidentially.
- Complete and maintain appropriate certifications and training hours as required.
- Teach student athletes conflict resolution, time management and other life skills.
- Use the administrative and reporting structure of the college to manage athletes.
- Assists the Coordinator of Student Engagement/Athletics Director with alumni relations and fundraising.
- Ensure appropriate safety measures are observed when conducting team activities.
- In coordination with the Coordinator of Student Engagement/Athletics Director, and the Academic Coordinator assigned to athletes, monitor student-athlete academic performance to support successful academic performance and program sustainability.
- Perform other tasks as assigned that support the mission and initiatives of the Men’s and Women’s Golf program, Department of Athletics, and Johnston Community College.
Bilingual preferred, not required
Ability to make sound responsible and accountable decisions for a group that will consist of students.
Basic computing skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact