Main Campus, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, November 16, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: High School Graduate or GED
Experience Minimum: MSF Rider Coach Certified
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to instruct the Motorcycle Safety continuing education program. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. The position is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; evaluating work; and counseling students. The instructor must be certified by the state program director with the concurrence of the sponsor. The instructor should have basic knowledge of motorcycle maintenance and repairs. The duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Notify the lead instructor of any accidents involving injury or property damage (other than minor damage to motorcycles). This notification should be made the first business day following the class.
- Resolve any conflicts, at the local level when possible, any conflicts that arise at the site involving problems between instructors, students, and the college. Notify the lead instructor when an issue cannot be resolved locally.
- Perform minor and routine maintenance on motorcycles, and ensure the fleet is kept in good mechanical condition.
- Maintain certification in accordance with the MSF and NCMSEP. The MSF requirements are contained in the Rider Coach guide. The NCMSEP requirements include teaching a minimum of three classes per year (can be either the; RSS, BRC, or ERC, any combination of the three), and attendance at an annual update training session conducted by the director or a rider coach trainer.
- Abide by the rules of conduct as listed in the Rider Coach Guide.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Applicant must have a working knowledge of basic math.
Ability to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to problem resolution. Requires the ability to exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity required.
Applicant must have basic computer and key boarding skills. Microsoft office knowledge a plus as this job will require the use of this software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
How to Apply
Job Post Contact