On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, December 2, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate's degree in Nursing or a related field. Preferred: BSN with experience teaching adults.
Experience Minimum: Two (2) years of work experience as a registered nurse (4000 hours); and must meet at least one of the following: (a) completion of a course in teaching adults, or (b) experience in teaching adults, or (c) experience in supervising nurse aides.
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to provide quality instruction in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical settings and to assume responsibilities designed to enhance the programs at Johnston Community College.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide instruction which demonstrates knowledge of the subject matter and shows evidence of careful planning.
- Participate in the development and revision of classroom materials – syllabi, tests, quizzes and handouts.
- Conduct classes in accordance with local and state curriculum guidelines.
- Participate in the recruitment of students for the program courses.
- Participate in registration and orientation for program courses.
- Ensure students meet the requirements for class and clinical regarding health, criminal background checks, drug screens.
- Maintain accurate student records pertaining to attendance, health and academic achievement.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Contribute to effective relationships between the College and affiliating health agencies.
- Comply with all requirements of the affiliating health agencies.
- Maintains program equipment and supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact