Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Drive, Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The applicant is a registered nurse with an unencumbered license.
The applicant is licensed to practice in North Carolina.
The applicant has at least 2 years of experience as a registered nurse.
The applicant meets at least one of the following:
- Completion of a course in teaching adults
- Experience in teaching adults, or
- Experience in supervising nurse aides.
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Nursing
· A minimum of 1 year of prior teaching experience in a classroom/lab setting
Prior teaching experience in a community college
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide basic training for the entry-level skills needed to work as a Nursing Assistant 1 in various health care settings. Instruct nurse aide students in classroom, laboratory and clinical setting to learn the skills needed to work as a Nursing Assistant I.
- Promotes College mission, values, and vision
- Teaches assigned courses to meet program needs
- Evaluates student progress and provides appropriate feedback
- Prepare lesson plans, course overviews, and course syllabi
- Uses and promotes appropriate technology to enhance student learning outcomes
- Plan classes
- Maintain Equipment and ensure proper storage and security of supplies
- Determines need for supplies; ensure proper storage
- Maintains cleanliness of class and lab areas
- Assists in the evaluation of courses and programs
- Prepares and submits attendance records, reports, and grades established by institutional policy
- Performs other tasks as assigned which support the mission and initiatives of the College
- Learn new guidelines and procedures for state and national certification requirements
- Create a student-centered environment for on and off campus students
- Work toward operational excellence; continuous improvement of processes and seek help from advisory committees
- Implement innovative strategies to meet the needs of students and improve processes
- Interact with co-workers and perform tasks with the highest level of integrity
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students, and our learning community
Promote and support HCC’s mission, vision, and values and promote and support coworkers in the most positive manner.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status