Clinical site for Haywood Community College.
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, October 13, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Two years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse. Have current knowledge of nursing practice for the registered and the licensed practical nurse. Clinical experience in a Medical-Surgical setting.
Meet the required qualifications and hold a Master’s degree in Nursing.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The part-time nursing clinical position will supervise and teach clinical students in the Medical-Surgical setting.
* This position hire is subject to budget approval. Candidates must be able to instruct in clinical settings that are in the day and up to 12 hours per week. Hybrid class initiatives may be necessary. *
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AS RECEIVED
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Nursing Clinical Instructor shall be responsible for:
- Working with clinical agencies and nursing faculty in coordinating clinical rotations.
- Assisting with and implementing clinical schedules for nursing students.
- Implementing course clinical objectives.
- Supervising nursing students in direct patient care settings, ensure that safe and quality care is provided.
- Maintaining accurate records pertaining to student progress and achievement.
- Completing student evaluations and determination of student clinical grades.
- Ensure that agency, school, and Region A Nursing Consortium regulations and policies are upheld.
- Identification of students experiencing academic, attendance, or performance problems and reporting these to the Nursing Program Director.
- Attend meetings as requested by the Nursing Program Director.
- Satisfy the clinical agency requirements related to criminal background checks, immunization status, orientation, and/or drug screening.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with clinical agencies and staff.
- Assist with simulation lab activities.
- Maintain office hours to assist students with clinical paperwork.
- Serve as a professional role model by upholding the highest standards of integrity.
- Create a student-centered environment for on and off campus students.
- Implement innovative strategies to meet the needs of students and improve processes.
- Interact with co-workers and perform tasks with the highest level of integrity.
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students and our learning community.
- Promote and support HCC's mission, vision and values and promote and support coworkers in the most positive manner.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
Haywood Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Upon request, the College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they may be able to perform the essential functions of their job unless doing so would result in an undue burden for the College.