Closes: Friday, July 19, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate degree required. One to two years of administrative/clerical experience. Expertise in MS Office Excel, Power Point, publisher, word and the ability to independently support, trouble shoot, and maintain computer equipment.
Physical Requirements: Must be physically able to operate a variety of automated office machines including copier, computer, etc. Must be physically able to exert up to ten pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Position involves mostly sedentary work which requires sitting most of the time, but may involve walking, standing, or stooping for brief periods of time. Must be able to lift and/or carry weights of approximately twenty pounds.
Data Conception: Requires the ability to compare and/or judge the readily observable functional, structural, or compositional characteristics (whether similar to or divergent from obvious standards) of data, people, or things.
Interpersonal Communication: Requires the ability of speaking and/or signaling people to convey or exchange information. Include the giving of assignments and instructions to assistants. Include the receiving of information and instructions from supervisor.
Language Ability: Requires the ability to read a variety of documents and reports. Requires the ability to prepare and/or type documents and reports such as newsletters, Division objectives, graphics, and general letters of correspondence, etc., using the proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar. Requires the ability to communicate with co-workers, supervisor, other staff members, students, instructors, etc., with poise, voice control, and confidence.
Intelligence: Has the ability to apply rational systems such as computer operations, secretarial science, human relations, etc., in order to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
Verbal Aptitude: Requires the ability to record and deliver information and to follow verbal and written instructions.
Numerical Aptitude: Requires the ability to utilize mathematical formulas; add and subtract totals; multiply and divide; determine percentages and decimals; and determine time and weight.
Form/Spatial Aptitude: Requires the ability to inspect items for proper length, width and shape.
Motor Coordination: Requires the ability to coordinate hands and eyes in utilizing automated office equipment.
Manual Dexterity: Requires the ability to handle a variety of items, office equipment, control knobs, switches, etc. Must have moderate levels of eye/hand/foot coordination.
Color Discrimination: Does not require the ability to differentiate colors and shades of color.
Interpersonal Temperament: Requires the ability to deal with people beyond receiving instructions. Must be adaptable to performing under minimal stress when confronted with an emergency.
Physical Communication: Requires the ability to talk and/or hear (talking - expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words; hearing - perceiving nature of sounds by ear.)
See Minimum Qualifications
Preference Given to Applications Received by July 19, 2019
Under general supervision of the Executive Director of the PCC Foundation, performs a variety of clerical and secretarial duties in support of the PCC Foundation and Institutional Advancement. Position is responsible for but not limited to: answering telephone calls and greeting visitors, providing customer service, typing and/or processing documentation, gathering information, maintaining calendars, ordering office supplies, maintaining files/records, data input or extraction, or performing other tasks related to activities of the assigned division. Performs related work as directed.
- Answer telephone calls and greets visitors; screen calls/visits and ascertain nature of business; direct callers/visitors to appropriate personnel; records/relay messages; respond to requests for service/assistance and dispatches staff members as appropriate; initiate and return calls as necessary.
- Process departmental eProcurement card receipts and apply appropriate budget codes in Bank of America Works system.
- Prepare and distribute birthday cards for the President of the college for all employees monthly.
- Assist with Resource Development – Accept donation forms from Annual Fund donors and forward for processing, answer questions regarding Annual Fund campaign.
- Assist in coordinating or conducting special projects, activities, or events; serve on special committees as assigned.
- Participate in development of best practices.
- Maintain donor database including assisting in the development and implementation of best practices, database integrity, data extraction, report customization and analysis when needed.
- Develop and maintain queries and reports for organization events and projects.
- Provide secretarial/clerical support for management personnel, and/or staff of assigned division; process a variety of documentation associated with division operations within designated timeframes and per established procedures.
- Serve as liaison in coordinating work activities and communicating information between the assigned division and other departments/divisions, instructors, students, external individuals/agencies, or others.
- Assist with Foundation activities and events as needed/directed.
- Type, transcribe, proofread, edit, and complete various forms, reports, correspondence, logs, lists, statistical reports, requisitions, purchase orders, change orders, invoices, budget transfer requests, budget spreadsheets, travel petitions, travel reimbursements, personnel records, meeting minutes, agendas, certificates, contracts, calendars, schedules, course outlines, class rosters, attendance sheets, tests, grade sheets, transcripts, questionnaires, newsletters, presentation materials, flyers, brochures, signs, posters, or other documents.
- Operate a computer to enter, retrieve, review or modify data; perform data entry functions by keying data into computer; verify accuracy of entered data and make corrections; utilize word processing, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing, presentation, e-mail, Internet, or other programs; perform basic maintenance of computer system and office equipment, such as backing up data or replacing paper, ink, or toner; coordinate service/repair activities as needed.
- Maintain calendar of activities; schedule and confirm appointments, meetings, interviews, conferences, classes, or other activities; update calendar on a regular basis and notify parties involved of changes.
- Coordinate arrangements for various meetings or workshops, which may include preparing agendas and meeting packets, coordinating room/equipment setup, coordinating food/refreshments, attending meetings, recording/transcribing meeting minutes, distributing documentation, maintaining records, or other tasks as necessary.
- Assist in gathering, organizing, and/or processing information, documentation, or statistical data; prepare, assemble, and/or distribute information, reports, surveys, questionnaires, or packets; submit required reports to state, federal or other agencies as appropriate.
- Monitor inventory of office equipment, forms, and supplies; ensure availability of adequate materials to conduct work activities; initiate orders for new/replacement supplies; obtain competitive price quotes; distribute or deliver equipment/supplies as needed; schedule use of department/division equipment or vehicles.
- Process incoming/outgoing mail and e-mail messages; sort, distribute, open, screen, and/or route incoming mail; prepare outgoing mail for pickup; assist in conducting mass-mailing projects.
- Maintain file system of various files/records; prepare and set up files; sort/organize documents to be filed; file documents in designated order; retrieve/replace files; scan records into optical imaging system; shred/destroy confidential or obsolete documents.
- Maintain current publications, manuals, resource materials, or other documentation for reference purposes.
- Perform general/clerical tasks, which may include making copies, sending/receiving faxes, distributing documentation, or updating department manuals/documentation.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, accommodations, conference registrations, or other travel-related plans for division staff as requested.
- Communicate with supervisor, employees, applicants, students, graduates, other divisions, other departments, college officials, faculty, staff, other educational institutions, sales representatives, vendors, the public, the media, outside agencies, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Maintain confidentiality of departmental documentation and issues.
- Provide assistance or backup coverage to other employees or departments as needed.
- Perform related duties as directed.