On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, NC
Closes: Monday, November 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a CDL Class C license with a passenger designation and be able to drive safely along designated routes; obey traffic laws, safety procedures, and regulations; assist passengers with disabilities to get on to the bus; communicate effectively about safety concerns with the vehicle.
Education Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Experience Minimum: Two (2) years driving a school or commercial bus with valid CDL, Class C license.
This pool position will be responsible for providing safe transport for students and staff utilizing school shuttle bus. This is a continuous recruitment pool. The Bus Driver will work a schedule based on the travel needs of student activities and may range throughout day, night, and weekend employment. The rate of pay will be $100 per trip plus food and lodging.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide transportation to and from student activities off campus.
- Provide transportation to and from athletic events for athletic teams.
- Maintain an excellent driving record.
- Make pre- and post-trip checks of fuel, cleanliness of the bus, and service needs.
- Communicate with Supervisor regarding availability and scheduling for upcoming events.
- Provides information regarding vehicle maintenance to college personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to draft routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact