On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, May 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and possess creative problem solving skills and strong written and verbal communication skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Master of Science Degree in Nursing required.
Experience Minimum: Three to five years teaching in a NC Board approved nursing education program.
Subject matter expert in proposed nursing education area to develop program content
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Facilitate industry/college meetings to develop curriculum for new proposed career and technical education (CTE) program(s)
- Assist in selection of pertinent courses per the North Carolina Community College System Combined Course Library (CCL)
- Identify classroom/lab space and create equipment listing where necessary
- Establish the program of study for the proposed program
- Lead the development program student learning outcomes (SLOs) and assessment methods for those SLOs
- Consult with various campus departments to ensure that adequate academic and student support services are available to support the proposed program
- Review library and learning resources to ensure adequacy of discipline-specific learning resources to support a new program
- Complete the initial approval application overview from the North Carolina Board of Nursing, including policies related to admission, transfer, progression of students.
- Communicate with the NCBON regarding program specifics.
- Draft, in conjunction with the Office of Research and Institutional Effectiveness, proposed curriculum program application for the NCCCS and substantive change prospectus for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point and College Systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact