On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, July 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate’s Degree
Education Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience Minimum: Minimum of 5 years Radiography clinical experience, management and supervision, in-service education, etc. in a hospital environment. Previous teaching experience.
Experience Preferred: Previous didactic (teaching) experience and advanced clinical experiences (beyond 5 years).
The Clinical Instructor is required to provide quality instruction in the clinical settings and assume responsibilities designed to enhance the Radiography Program and Johnston Community College as assigned by the Department Chair of Imaging Programs and/or the Associate Vice President of Health Wellness and Human Services.
Under the supervision of the Department Chair of Imaging, Radiography Faculty are required.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Providing supervision and instruction clinically for students to meet program and course objectives.
- Adhering to policies and requirements of the affiliating health service agencies as stipulated in contractual agreements with the College.
- Participating in the development of course outlines and overviews.
- Evaluating student learning.
- Maintaining knowledge of program mission and goals.
- Understanding clinical objectives and clinical evaluation system while evaluating students competence clinically.
- Maintaining current knowledge and enforcement of program policies, procedures, and student progression.
- Attend Faculty and Radiography Advisory Committee meetings.
- Providing quality care for patients involved in selected learning experiences within the guidelines of the ARRT Standards of Ethics.
- Contributing to effective relationships between the College and affiliating health service agencies.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Department Chair of Imaging Programs and/or the Associate Vice President of Health Wellness & Human Services.
Supervision of students in the clinical setting is required.
Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
Ability to perform basic math computations including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and averaging all units of measure. Ability to compute fractions, percentages and decimals.
Ability to use effective critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills.
To perform this job successfully an individual should be proficient in digital radiography and PACS. Proficiency in using a Windows environment and have knowledge of email systems, PowerPoint, Blackboard and online lab environments are also required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact