Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, May 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must hold certification as an OSHA Authorized Outreach Trainer
- Must hold certification as an Electrical Hazards Instructor
Education Minimum: Associate’s degree and OSHA Authorize Outreach Trainer Certification, Electrical Hazards Instructor (NFPA 70e)
Experience Minimum: 10 years of experience in field of study
Come join us in a highly responsive and energetic environment. Share your knowledge and experience with the incumbent workforce by instructing safety courses as they relate to OSHA, electrical safety, lockout/tagout and hazard communications.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct safety training requests as needed by local industry and open enrollment classes .
- Provide engaging instruction by fulfilling regulated requirements and incorporating life experiences.
- Communicate with potential students answering questions as they relate to JCC course offerings.
- Complete course paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain course schedule and help promote course offerings.
- Travel to various industries in the county to open classes.
- Working some nights and weekends maybe required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, be self-directed, and task oriented.
- Demonstrate analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of personnel, including technical and non-technical personnel.
- Must be capable of working on multiple tasks simultaneously and follow through on all projects to completion.
- Ability to drive within the state.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact