Workforce Development Center - Clayton, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, December 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate's degree with course work emphasis or related to business or Office Administration.
Experience Minimum: Three years' experience in a business or education environment.
Performs a variety of support tasks for the Small Business Center
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Answers questions from the public regarding the Small Business Center.
- Assists in the preparation of training materials for the Small Business Center.
- Assists with student registration in the Small Business seminars.
- Prepares and processes routine correspondence for the Small Business Center (including, but not limited to: letters, certificates, mailings and marketing materials)
- Processes check requests and e-procurement vouchers for the Small Business Center.
- Assists in preparing seminar schedules for the Small Business Center.
- Assists with compiling reports for the Small Business Center.
- Organizes and maintains the Small Business Center Resource Library and assists in purchasing resources.
- Provides updates for Small Business Webpage information and maintains client database
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, students, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Colleague/Datatel, email, and internet usage.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact