PT Small Business Counselor
Haywood Community College High Tech Center
Closes: Friday, June 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field with one year of direct experience working with Entrepreneurs, Small Businesses and/or operating a Small Business; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Meet the minimum requirements and hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or a related field.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This is an entry-level professional position serving as a small business case manager, providing information and introductory counseling to new and potential SBC Clients. This role will provide one-on-one Client support and assist with community outreach to recruit aspiring entrepreneurs and existing business owners in Haywood County as SBC Clients.
*This part-time staff position will be scheduled for up to 29 hours per week Monday-Friday, with a flexible schedule. Pay depends on experience. *
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provide one-on-one business counseling and technical assistance to existing small business owners and startup entrepreneurs.
- Support Director with community outreach plan and build relationships with local college and community partners by attending events to help recruit SBC Clients.
- Assist with new Client intakes, sharing SBC services and scheduling appointments.
- Serve as a program liaison representing the SBC in the community, increasing public knowledge of the educational opportunities and services offered by the SBC.
- Assist with using marketing analytics data (social media, web analytics, performance metrics, etc.) to effectively engage with target audience.
- Assist in developing effective email and social media marketing content, including newsletters, writing press releases, success stories, and articles for publication.
- Provide logistical support and planning for training events and workshops, including scheduling, event promotion, registration, event reconciliation, and reporting.
- Assist in dissemination, collection and remittance of Professional Service Agreements.
- Assist with reports and documentation necessary to support college and program accreditation and reporting requirements.
- Maintain strict adherence to confidentiality of SBC client information.
- Contribute to the overall success of the SBC by remaining competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, and attending annual professional development sessions and trainings.
- Work independently while also contributing to a team effort when needed.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Assist Director with SBC office management including phones and emails.
- Local travel for community events, with occasional overnight travel.
- Operation of college-owned vehicles.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status.
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.