Main Campus, Winterville, NC 28590
Closes: Sunday, November 27, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Applicant must have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree.
A minimum of one to two years of professional work experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities to perform job duties. Knowledge of higher education and the functions of the Division of Academic Affairs and Student Services and/or Student Affairs is a plus.
The applicant will be expected to have supreme organizational skills, strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to match an unwavering ability to think critically and make decisions. Excellent customer service skills and professionalism is a must. The applicant must be student-centered, possessing a great personality and work ethic. The applicant must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to perform repetitive tasks, and is able to use independent judgment in routine as well as occasional non-routine situations. Must have excellent computer skills and hold proficiency in all major Microsoft Office programs (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word). The candidate must also be punctual and mature. The individual must have the ability to work with and adapt to diverse populations.
Must have an ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative and clerical support for the Director, Student Engagement and Leadership. This position will also provide additional support for other Student Support departments, including but not limited to the creation of marketing materials and providing intentional services to promote operations from the department of Student Support.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist with the planning of campus-wide events.
• Serve as a member of the Student Government Association advising team.
• Provide support for special programming like Fall Fest, Spring Fling, Summer Splash,
S.T.A.R. Awards, etc.
• Assistance in maintaining files.
• Assist with creating marketing materials for the department of Student Support.
• Back-up support for other Student Support departments as needed.
• Create and provide innovative opportunities and experience for professional development and growth for the Department of Student Support.