Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Wednesday, June 23, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution; experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software; work experience in the education field; Excellent communication skills.
Associate Degree in Business or Office Administration, Computer Information Technology, or College Transfer; previous experience working at an NC Community College; experience in a fast-paced office environment working with diverse groups of people.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose is to provide administrative and clerical assistance to the Department of Student Services. This involves management of the front desk in the 1500 building, including answering calls for the switchboard, routing requests to the appropriate Student Services staff, maintaining files, schedule meetings, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Effectively greet walk-in traffic in the 1500 building with exceptional customer service.
- Serve as the college switchboard operator in a professional, courteous manner and ensure that callers receive accurate information and direct calls appropriately
- Maintain and organize records (including contracts, PO’s, meeting minutes, inventory, letters, and other paperwork)
- Follow FERPA laws while processing and maintaining accurate student records (applications, transcripts, medical records, etc.)
- Process requests for official and unofficial transcripts in Colleague
- Assisting students with printing class schedules, looking up advisors, and other information in Colleague
- Referring students to the appropriate staff/employees on campus to assist their needs
- Coordinating the photo ID and card pass processes for students, including creating a backup schedule as needed
- Scheduling the reservation and use of the student services conference room
- Assist the Senior Director of Student Enrollment and Financial Aid with the processing of CARES act funding and outreach
- Maintain Housing List and update the website to reflect the accurate list
- Assist Business Office with annual Inventory tracking and scanning in student services.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with SACS and state audit requirements
- Assist with document imaging/paperless workflow/archiving system; scan student records, participate in Colleague training.
- Maintain professional behavior following professional code of conduct and ethics.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance, personal appearance, and punctuality.
- Miscellaneous tasks: assist with registration, bulk mailings, graduation, and planned student activities;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application and full job description can be found online at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status